2022 General Municipal Election - November 8, 2022
|Tuesday, November 8, 2022|
|One (1) Mayor - Full term of two (2) years
Two (2) City Council Members - Full term of four (4) years
|Opens July 18, 2022 at 8 AM
Closes August 12, 2022 at 5:00 PM
Filing deadline will be extended to August 17, 2022 if nomination papers for an incumbent officer of the City are not filed by the August 12, 2022 filing deadline. This extension period is not applicable to incumbents.
An appointment to receive and/or file nomination papers is required. To schedule an appointment during the nomination period, please call the City Clerk's Office at (805) 772-6568.
View a list of candidates here.
|Candidates are asked to carefully review the Candidate Handbook prior to pulling nomination papers. Additional information and materials will be provided to candidates during the in-person meeting.|
Election Notices &
Notice of Nominees
Campaign finance disclosure statements filed by candidates and committees can be viewed here.
The City Council has adopted Resolution No. 34-22, adding Measure B-22, Morro Bay's Harbor Infrastructure Tax of 2022 to the November 8, 2022 ballot.
- Notice of Dates for Arguments For / Against and Rebuttal Arguments
- Argument In Favor of Measure B-22
- Argument Against Measure B-22
- Rebuttal Argument In Favor of Measure B-22
- Rebuttal Argument Against Measure B-22
To be eligible to vote at the November 8, 2022 election, you must be registered to vote no later than Monday, October 24, 2022 For more information regarding voter registration or to obtain a vote-by-mail ballot, visit the County Clerk Recorder's Office - Elections and Voting website.
- Fair Political Practices Commission: The Technical Assistance Division of the FPPC will provide advice related to campaign filing requirements and conflicts of interest. Email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
- San Luis Obispo County Clerk-Recorder's Office: Find your polling place, voter status and more online.
- Smart Voter is an online resource that provides nonpartisan information on elections and voting.
- California Easy Voter Guide provides new voters and busy voters with nonpartisan information for statewide elections in California.
- Making the Leap to Public Service: What you Need to Know Before You Are Appointed or Elected.