Mayor & City Council
- 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month
- Through February 2019, meetings will begin at 6:00 p.m.
- Beginning March 12, 2019, meetings will begin at 5:30 p.m.
- Veteran's Memorial Building
209 Surf Street
Morro Bay, CA 93442
Agendas, Minutes & Documents
- Council Policies & Procedures
- Civility and Civil Discourse Policy
- View Most Recent Agenda -- View All Agendas
- View Most Recent Minutes -- View All Minutes
- Stream Live Meetings -- Watch Past Meetings
- View Most Recent Agenda Staff Reports -- View All
- FPPC Form 806 Filing -- Agency Report of Public Official Appointments
The City of Morro Bay is a general law city and operates under the "Council-Manager" form of municipal government. The 5-member City Council consist of the directly-elected Mayor and 4 City Council Members. The Mayor is elected to a 2-year term and Council Members are elected to 4-year terms.
The City Council is the legislative authority and sets the policies under which the city operates. The City Council has the power to adopt ordinances and resolutions, make appointments to the city's advisory bodies, establish policies and approve programs, appropriate funds, adopt budgets, and approve contracts. The Mayor presides at all meetings of the City Council and is recognized as the official head of the city for all ceremonial purposes.
Contact the Council
If you would like to send written comments to the City Council, please email them at email@example.com. Please note that comments will be sent to the City Council and select city staff. If your comments relate to an upcoming agenda item, your comments will be distributed and posted online as Agenda Correspondence, pursuant to the City Council Policies and Procedures.
NOTE: Clicking any direct email link will attempt to open your computer's default email client (if you haven't set this up it may try to open an email client you don't use). If this is not what you are trying to do, simply copy the email addresses above and past them into the email you'd like to send.
Written correspondence can be mailed to:
City of Morro Bay
Attn: Mayor and City Council
595 Harbor Street
Morro Bay, CA 93442
NOTE: Email correspondence sent to or from members of the City Council via the city's website is considered public records and may be subject to disclosure and additional distribution pursuant to the Public Records Act, Brown Act, and Council Policies and Procedures.