OverviewThe function of the Planning Commission is to:
- Develop a general plan and recommend its adoption by the City Council
- Maintain the general plan after its adoption by the City Council
- Develop specific plans as may be necessary to implement the general plan
- Periodically review the capital improvement program of the City for recommendations to the City Council
The Planning Commission is comprised of 5 voting members. Members are appointed
by the City Council (effective February 1, 2021). A summary of adopted plans and City documents used by the Planning Commission are available here.
- 6 p.m.
- Meets the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month
- 209 Surf Street
Veterans' Memorial Building
Morro Bay, CA 93442
- Please Note: Meetings are currently being held virtually in accordance with Section 3 of California Governor Newsom's Executive Order N-29-20 issued on March 17, 2020 in response to the present State of Emergency in existence due to the threat of COVID-19. All meetings will held via teleconference for all participants. Please refer to the meeting agenda for public participation information.
Agendas & MinutesAgendas are available prior to the meetings.
View Most Recent Agenda | View All
Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Minutes | View All
- Susan Stewart, Chairperson
- Jennifer Ford
- Joseph Ingraffia
- William (Bill) Roschen, Vice-Chairperson
- Commissioner - Vacant
Contact the Commission
If you would like to send written comments to the Commission, please email them at PlanningCommission@morrobayca.gov. Please note that comments will be sent to the Commission and select city staff.
NOTE: Clicking any direct email link will attempt to open your computer's default email client (if you haven't set this up it may try to open an email client you don't use). If this is not what you are trying to do, simply copy the email addresses above and past them into the email you'd like to send.
NOTE: Email correspondence sent to or from members of the Commission via the city's website is considered public records and may be subject to disclosure and additional distribution pursuant to the Public Records Act, Brown Act, and Council Policies and Procedures.